EVERYBODY HATES MONDAYS

  i-hate-mondays  Its Sunday night and  most people dread the beginning of a new week starting on Monday. Waking up early in the morning to begin the weekly commute to a forty hour week job or those early morning lab classes that begin before eight o clock and other classes  for the rest of the day. To most people that is the reason why  Monday is hated and it is something I am aware of but I just found out that “Mondays” actually means something else. Monday actually means a Black man as in from African or African American descent. It is used when black men are around people of other races, it may be used in a derogatory form so that the black man doesn’t know they are talking about him.
“ I just hate Mondays”
It may also something or someone you hate with a passion
“I really dislike the cab driver, he is such a really bad Monday”
So I can be somewhere and talk about a nice looking African man calling him a Monday and he wont know about it.After reading this new meaning of Monday from the source , I began to look at the “hating Monday” differently so when next you hear “Everybody hates Mondays”  is it figurative or literal? or am I just having a case of the Mondays. Have a great Monday and a blessed week

Source: Urban Dictionary and Google Images

Comments

  1. aaawww @ ur Ziggy comic. i haven't seen that in forever.

    I never heard that interpretation of "monday" before. interesting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uhhmm. I never heard of this. Thanks for enlightening

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment