AN EXCERPT FROM AN UPCOMING BOOK.....

PROLOGUE


The ringing phone woke me up. I looked at the time, it was 3. 14 am and I wondered who would be calling me around this time of the day. My friends won’t even think of calling me at this time. I let the phone ring twice again before I lazily picked up the phone.

“Hello: I began; my voice was still heavy with sleep.

“Hey, it’s me Chanel” the caller responded hysterically. I shook my head and was beginning to feel a little bit irritated. Chanel is my younger sister Nicole’s friend. Why in the world would she call me at this time of the day? Doesn’t she know her friend’s number or what?

“What is it Chanel, do you know what time it is?” I said a little irritated and angry.

“Nadine, it’s about Nicole.” Chanel blurted out, she sounded like she was about to cry.

“What about Nicole, if she is broke I can’t help her, if ……” I began and got cut off by Chanel.

“No, she is unconscious, she was found unconscious at her apartment, she is in a critical condition, I don’t know what happened.” Chanel managed to say.

“Unconscious” I repeated wondering if I was dreaming, I pinched myself lightly on my arm but this is reality.

“Yes unconscious, please hurry, she needs help.” Chanel said. I wonder what kind of help I can be of to Nicole at this time. I think it is a little too late to involve family. Too late.

“Where is she?” I asked.

“St Pauls Hospital” Chanel said.

“Okay” I said.

“Okay what?” Chanel asked.

“ Okay like, I have heard.” I responded.

“Are you coming?” she asked me desperately.

“I will think about it.” I responded and hung up. For the first time in so many years of knowing my sister, tears rolled down my cheeks.

Comments

  1. Now I'm wondering what happened. Is this yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh oh! more pls. Just dicovered ur blog and lurving it

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Toinlicious. Thank you so much for joining. The book should be out in the first quarter of next year... i may keep adding excerpts here and there.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment