Tuesday, June 9, 2015

THE PROPOSAL NEW SERIES #2

I got a good feedback from Friday Ademola who is an active follower of mine on Twitter so i felt compelled to put another post on the story i am working on, on the blog. Enjoy~~~

“How far did you think? Sex and then next?” I asked bringing up the sex word.
“Sex?” he asked. I looked at him. He had the most confused look on his face, I was not sure what he was thinking but I seriously hope he is not a virgin, I seriously hope he doesn’t have a sexually transmitted disease and I seriously hope he is not celibate.
“Yes S-E-X?” I spelled out.
“I don’t intend to have sex with you?” he said. I couldn’t believe it, my self esteem dropped from one hundred percent to two percent; did he just say he didn’t intend to have sex with me? Was I not sexually attractive, what in the world was Tunde talking about?
“You don’t?” I asked.
“I haven’t thought about sex with you and right now I have no intention of having sex with you.” He replied looking at me straight in the eyes.
Let me analyze his sentence, he said “right now” so that means he could change his mind and have sex with me later or maybe Tunde is sexually attracted to other men. He didn’t seem like the kind but to be truthful Tunde and I have gone on several dates and he has only given me pecks on the cheek, like the Biblical times you know, the kind of kiss Judas gave Jesus, he kissed him on the cheek. Tunde’s pecks were passionless I never felt any emotion, was he just being a proper gentleman or he just couldn’t make my heart skip a beat or two. I am on the verge of losing my patience with this guy.
“I see” I replied.
“I just want to really get to know you for who you are, not trying to get into your pants or anything, I believe that is fair enough, I don’t know what kind of men you fated in the past, I don’t want to say I am different but I have my standards” Tunde said. I thought it was the most impressive thing he had said since the day we met.
“Okay, let’s give it a shot” I said. I had nothing to lose, if he decided to walk away tomorrow my goodies would be where I left them, untouched and protected.

 *******************************************
The traffic on the bridge took forever; I sat in the car skipping different radio stations trying to find out what would work best for me to listen to.  Work was hectic. There was a new manager in my department and she was the craziest looking piece of work I had seen in a long time with her uncombed and not a single drop of moisturizer like water had hit her hair in a few days, was she trying to start a revolution because she would be giving natural haired girls a run for their Shea Moisture products. She was trying to get into the system and had us all run around the department looking for files, documents, passwords, bringing back old things from almost eight years prior, I hoped in heaven she was not a slave driver because I would connive with me co workers and give her a run to the next department or simply just quit.          
“This woman was sent to torment us in this office” Lydia my coworker murmured as she walked past me in the office with a box of folders.

“Where I come from, we chase the devil with sticks” I replied and we laughed. The tension in the office was profound, everyone seemed to or had to appear busy, I hated working under pressure and my co workers acted like someone died in the office, everyone seemed melancholic. No one smiled and laughter seemed so expensive all of a sudden. I had the shortest lunch ever because no one seemed to want to sit down and have an hour lunch, time was of the essence. I couldn’t wait for 5pm and trust me it didn’t come quick but once I saw the hour hand of the clock on number five, I made my way out of the building.

No comments:

Post a Comment